Careers at FreightWise
Join the Family!
Members of the FreightWise family grow together in a fast-paced environment focused on transparency, innovation, and client-led development. We were ranked as one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. in 2019 and 2020, and voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal in 2020. We work hard to foster a collaborative and stimulating environment for our team members.
We are headquartered in near Nashville in Brentwood, TN, and many of our positions are remotely based. View our open job positions below or visit us on LinkedIn.
To apply for a specific position, please fill out the form below the job listings.
Job Title: Account Director
Reports to: Regional Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The primary responsibility of an Account Director is to drive sales for new clientele and secure revenue, which includes pre-sales, project management, ongoing account management, and continued customer support.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently discover and create connections with prospective clients in addition to collaborating with Inside Sales Representatives to generate leads.*
- Operate as the overseer and lead point of contact for all matters concerning your accounts.*
- Manage the entire sales cycle, including pre-call planning and client assessment. Work with team to analyze the opportunity and put together a strategic, impactful solution to improve the client’s business operations.*
- Once the customer has signed, you are responsible for managing the success of the launch and providing ongoing support.*
- Foster an ongoing relationship with the client and proactively provide feedback on how they can improve their business.*
- Collaborate with the pricing and operations team to manage the negotiations and have a successful implementation.*
- Work cohesively with the freight auditor and the customer to help manage audit, invoice, and payment issues.*
- Track your leads and manage your sales goals.*
- Be efficient with your time and utilize organizational skills to manage current prospects in addition to customer needs.*
- Consistently collaborate with team members to achieve certain goals.*
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable about product and service information.*
- Train clients on how the technology system functions and answer customer questions with thoughtfulness.*
- Travel on site to see clients.*
- Collaborate cohesively with other departments.
- Lead or participate in various other assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing Software/Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet Software/Excel, Account, Inventory and Manufacturing Software/ERP and Order Processing Systems/ERP.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Time Management
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.