Control costs, streamline operations, and meet your customers’ high expectations with a best-in-class transportation management platform.
Top-Tier Transportation Management Starts with Technology
Modernize your supply-chain management with the purpose-built, mobile-friendly FreightWise Transportation Management System (TMS).
FreightWise TMS brings data, decisions, and documents to your fingertips in a better way. Enable every division – Logistics, Operations, Customer Service, Sales and Finance – to serve your customers in a superior way.
Right: The superior user experience of FreightWise TMS.
FreightWise TMS Benefits
All the Freight Information You Need at Your Fingertips
- Manifest, route, and track shipments throughout their supply chain.
- Get a single-source view for all documents related to an order.
- Rate shop between Parcel, Hundredweight, Ground With Freight, Multiweight, and LTL.
- See both inbound and outbound shipments.
- Track unpaid invoices to know where your cash is going.
Smart Automation for Better Management
- Build in tariffs and rates for favored carriers.
- Dynamic routing per shipment ensures least-cost carrier selection and the correct transportation mode are chosen for every shipment, every time.
- Automatically notify customers when products ship or have arrival updates.
- Create business rules for automatically adding insurance to high-risk or high-cost products.
- Enforce policy compliance across branches, locations, and vendors through rules and automation.
Business Intelligence that Leads to Savings
- Easily see when least-cost carriers aren’t selected so you can learn why.
- Track carrier performance to learn which have the highest rates of lost packages, damaged shipments, and erroneous invoices.
- Uncover how much you save through audits.
- View year-over-year or quarter-over-quarter spend trends.
System and Carrier Integrations for Streamlined Operations
- Integrate with most ERP, OMS, TMS, and WMS systems so you can manage all transportation tasks in a single system.
- Bring in API feeds from carriers so you can make pick-up calls, print labels, track incoming and outgoing shipments, and more, from the FreightWise TMS.
- Get multi-carrier and mode rating support for your e-commerce platform, including Magento.
- Integration with systems including Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Infor, SAP, WorkWise, Epicor, Oracle JD Edwards, Automatica, and more.
When managing your supply chain operations and logistics performance, it’s important to be aware of which carriers you are leveraging for fulfillment and the core strengths of their coverage. Often a single-threaded approach with one LTL carrier is not the best way to optimize your logistics costs.
LTL pricing is complex. There are many factors that are taken into account when pricing a shipment, primarily centered around how much space a shipment takes up on a truck and how much the shipment weighs. This brings us to the topic of NMFC classes- a critical component of getting best-in-class rates.
There was a time when choosing the mode for a less than truckload shipment was easy: less than 150 lbs = parcel, 150 lbs or more = LTL. Rising freight costs and new service offerings have made this decision more complicated.